Tuesday 5 October 2010

Digipak Ideas

When we know what song we were creating a video for, we also realised that a CD/DVD Digipak would have to be designed, after talking about ideas about what the album cover could contain, I came up with the idea of a pack of cards but using the hearts suit. The group agreed this was a good idea, to see if the idea could be achieved I told some photograph and edited the pictures to see whether it would be an achievable idea and meet the perfection we wanted. After putting the idea into practise I feel that this idea would be great for the album cover and some of the panels in the Digipak, however I feel that the band name will have to be present as well as the song name as I feel it would be a more effective album cover if it contained the song title and band name, however successful album haven’t always used this convention.

My first attempt at the photographing and editing for the album covers came out with these results:


I felt it was a good idea to attempt the idea now so we could see whether it worked and now I am aware it works I can take these attempts in to account and the negatives about them can be adapted to create a better album cover for the final design of the Digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment