Thursday 20 January 2011

How did you us media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? - Part 2



The videos that have given some inspiration are:
Kelly Clarkson – Never Again







Pink – Please Don’t Leave Me





Maroon 5 – This Love





As well as viewing professional music videos of a similar genre on YouTube I also came across a version of The Colours “Tonight I Let You Go” that was created by previous Media Studies students from a College I Nottingham. After watching it has enabled me to see how these Media students approached their production and I have been able to criticise their production in order to know what to look out for, making sure that I don’t make the same errors. Without the access of YouTube I wouldn’t have been provided with a previous production of the same song at the same amateur level to critique in order to help my approach to my production, as for example one error I felt would need addressing were the lighting issues there was with the performance shots so when approaching my own production the lighting was considered so we didn’t have the same error occur.




There has been a range of technologies that have been used when creating the production. One technology that has been used throughout the production is a blog on www.blogger.com where we are able to digitally document our findings and progress while constructing the production.

Other technologies that have been used are





Video Cameras: these were used when we were recording the footage for the music video, then this footage was imported straight to the Apple Macs for editing.

Cameras: these were used to take photographs for both ancillary tasks; the Digipak and the Magazine Advert.

Apple Mac + Software: We used an Apple Mac to edit our footage for our promo, with the use of iMovie and Final Cut Express. As well as editing the photo used on the magazine advert on Photoshop Elements.



The Internet: This was widely used to edit the pictures used in the ancillary tasks as well as locating the fonts used in these products too. The main sites used included: www.picnik.com, an online picture editing site where the images used in the Digipak were edited in addition to http://www.dafont.com/, an online collection of fonts where the fonts used in both ancillary task were sourced from. Whist other sites such as http://www.facebook.com/, http://www.youtube.com/ and http://www.tumblr.com/ were also used mainly I the audience feedback stages of the production, and to exhibition the promo we created.





Software: In addition to the software that was used on the Apple Macs I also made use of Adobe Fireworks which I used to add and position the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment