Tuesday 28 September 2010

Choosing the Song - The Colours "Tonight I Let you Go"

“Tonight I Let You Go” – The Colours is our chosen song.

After looking through many bands on
www.unsigned.com, I then came across The Colours, they seems to have the right image and I felt my other members of my group would be fine with the song as it was of the “Pop Rock” genre and while I like “Pop” songs another member from my group preferred songs that were from the “Rock” genre, so as I felt the others would but alright with doing this song I posted the link to the page on my group members Facebook page s so they were able to check out the song and decide whether they would want to create a music video for it. The next day in lesson when the entire group met, we all decided this song would be a good song to create a video for. We got the link up to The Colours unsigned.com page, and we found the email address which we used to contact the band for permission to use the song and to create a music video for it, we used Jack’s email account to email them and wrote:

Hi,

My name is Jack Marshall and I am currently studying A-Level Media Studies. One of the tasks is to create a music video for an unsigned band, myself and my group members were searching through Unsigned.com when we discovered your single, “Tonight I Let You Go”.

We all thought this was a very good piece of music, really personifying the conventions of the genres. To that end we have decided to create the video on your single, we would like permission to do this, as well as any support you might lend.

Thanks

Jack Marshall, Chris Tyler & Lizi Howard


Within a couple of hours the band responded to our email with:

Hi Jack,

This is fine.

Do you need us to send you an Mp3 of the track. It’s important that no versions of the track are published anywhere on the internet without our permissions. But for the project this is fine.

Let us know if you need anything.

We could add to our website if we love, love it.

Thanks
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment